DIY Embellies

Even though I know it's not like I'll EVER run out of store-bought embellishments, I still get such a kick out of ones that I can make myself!!  These were made for some cards I needed for the rehab center where my Dad has been regaining his strength after a hospital stay. 


I started by Silhouette die cutting (hearts) and Martha Stewart punching (butterflies) 8 shapes plus 1, and gluing them together, back of one half to the back of another half.



Then I inked up the edges, cuz I don't like when I can see the white paper core!  Once all 8 pieces were glued together with edges perfectly matched, I glued that down onto the remaining shape for stability.  

What's cool about this embellishment is that it can lie flat in an envelope or page protector, but pops back open again for display.

Thanks for stopping by to see what's new!

This blog post is also posted at Love is in the Details today.  

Comments

Popular Posts