I remember when....but barely.

That's why I'm so thankful for photographs.  Of all the non-human, can't-take-it-with-you, transient things in life there are to collect, amass and get attached to, photographs have to be my very most favorite thing of all!!  Better than books or shoes or any kind of trinket.  Photos are such great time travel vehicles.  They make up for my sad, sad memory.  They convey emotions without need of words.  And the sorting and cataloging of them makes for a fantastic hobby!!

That's what these photos did for me as I scrapped them...  I remember finally feeling human enough to be out of the house for the first time after Baby #2 was born.  Like, dressed!  With shoes that matched the outfit.  Sorta.  And going for a Sunday afternoon drive to Gimli.  And how well the baby slept in the stroller, allowing us to take lllllots of time to amble along the jetty, smell the wind in our hair and feel the fishy wharf.   No, wait...is that right?  Whatever.  You see nothing of that in these photos of the big sister running around, but when I look at them, I remember.  And that's all I really need.

I did this layout for our recently posted challenge at Challenge Me Happy!  Go on over and check out the rest of the DT's wonderfully inspiring work!!  It's a free-for-all this fortnight.  Anything goes!

Most of the supplies for this layout came from the Studio Calico, February Front Row kit.  I layered that wide Washi tape (Freckled Fawn) onto some cardstock and cut the word with my Silhouette Cameo.  The label tape is new Smash* product.  
Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!!

Comments

Popular Posts