Cute gift bags...

Besides the adorable little muslin drawstring bags that Lori carries in her shop, I get one of these bags monthly with my Studio Calico kit, for that "extra" inevitable add-to-cart item I can't live without.  And they are too filled with awesomeness to ever consider throwing out with the rest of the packaging.
 So along with said bags, some Tim Holtz Sizzix Bigz dies, a roll of Heat 'N' Bond and fabric from my stash, I made these up.  They look SO much cuter than the amount of time and effort they took to create!
The process is easy.  Iron a piece of Heat 'N' Bond onto the back of your fabric.  Run this double layer of fabric and H'n'B through your die cut machine with the die of your choice.  (It even worked great with Sizzlits and other thin dies such as this deer from Memory Box or the snowflake from SimonSaysStamp!)  Remove the paper backing, arrange on muslin bag and heat adhere with the iron on top of all layers.  
Obviously, if you were going to do any sewing, you'd want to do that before adhering the pieces to the bag.  Don't ask me how I figured that out.
 These silver snowflakes are actually glitter Pow paper that I treated in much the same way as fabric, except for the last step when you iron the shape onto the bag from the top, I used a piece of fabric as a pressing cloth to protect whatever the glitter paper might be finished with.
 Thanks for stopping by today!  It means a lot that you do!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts