Quiet Moments...

Last year this time we were in the midst of the wedding of the year!  For us at least!  I'm sure you know the hoopla that goes into the planning and execution of a really good wedding, right?  That was us times 12.  Don't get me wrong - it was FUN and I enjoyed every part of it, but it does get all consuming and you just need to take a break at some point.  

So two weeks before the big day, on a Sunday afternoon, Mr B and I, along with Jeff and Amy, drove up to Canyon Lake for a picnic.  It was Memorial day weekend so we could hardly find a place to park, never mind a picnic table to sit at, so we just pulled up a patch of grass and ate our sammiches happy as you please.  We walked around, waded in the cool water, chatted, laughed and didn't worry about a single wedding related thing!  I took this pic on my iPhone that afternoon.
The fun I had with this layout was the patterned paper circles.  I stamped the Prima stitched circles stamps onto my kraft paper, and white heat embossed them.  Then I cut out the inside of each circle and backed the opening with a piece of scrap patterned paper.
You know me, I love machine stitching on almost everything I do, but this was a really easy way to accomplish the same look without hauling out the machine.
The "moments" die cut is a Silhouette design by Kerri Bradford.

This layout was recently posted at Love is in the Details.  

Thanks for stopping by again today!




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts