Hi, hello!  

I'm back today with a couple of cards for Jane's Doodles.  I'll let you in on a little secret.  I've been seeing this Warm Wishes stamp set from last year's Christmas release, being used around the interwebs, and I was coveting it.  Maybe almost to the point of feeling sorry for myself because I didn't already own it.  I thought about ordering it but I knew it wouldn't arrive in time to use it this year.  And then one day I was cleaning up a bin of stamp sets I'd selected for another project and THERE WAS THE WARM WISHES SET!!?  I had included it in the big order I'd placed way last summer and then, after it arrived, misplaced it!!  

The occasions to question my memory and brain power occur far too often for my liking.

You shouldn't let the date stop you from placing an order though, because ALL the Winter/Christmas sets are 40% off for a limited time!  Go!  Quick!  But wait till you've finished here, then go.


For the card below, I also used a house stamp from the Home Sweet Home set.  The images are all stamped on Bristol Smooth cardstock and colored with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers and a water pen.  


For both cards, I used two snow themed embossing folders by Sizzix for Stampin' Up! and Tim Holtz Alterations, as well as rolling hill/snowdrift (stitched border) dies from Simon Says Stamp.

For the second card, I wanted to keep it all white on white with only the littlest pop of color for interest and impact.  I used a Tombow marker to edge the die-cut hills and emphasize the stitch lines. After fussy-cutting all the pieces, I adhered them over all the layers with Scor tape.


Thanks for stopping by today and please come again!

Comments

Popular Posts