My mom swims.

Every year since we got the cottage my mom and dad have come to visit us there for at least 2 weeks. It is the highlight of their year. My mom has lake water flowing through her veins and she would like to sit in the sunporch looking out over the water every single day of the year if she could. She also likes to swim. And when I say swim, I don't mean the moments-long splish splash the rest of us call swimming. We are on a small lake, but to swim across and back is a mile. And she swims that on an almost daily basis. We won't let her cross the lake alone now with all the boat traffic, so she goes along the shoreline. She wears a neon pink bathing cap we got her so that we can spot her anywhere she goes. The only reason she comes out of the water is because she gets cold. I think she could cross the English Channel no problem if someone would just heat the water please.
Anyway, her sisters like to make fun of her, mostly because they can't swim that far. Lol. On this gorgeous August day at a lake in Quebec she swam for an hour or more and when she got out, her sister had this shell "medal" all ready to present to her. It's just a fun, silly memory. But one that I would have forgotten if I did not have the photo to remind me.

Isn't this hobby just the best?
This layout was done for the challenge at Challenge Me Happy today. It's one ANYone can join in - because the challenge is Anything Goes!! Do what you like!! Head on over there and see what the rest of the design time has done, then when you've created something fabulous, link us up and we'll pick a winner!! I used all product sent to me from The Scrappin' Patch, who are just the nicest, most generous people ever!! Thank you to them!!

Comments

Popular Posts