Vintage Market find goes all upscale...

Remember I said I was going to post about the journaling book I made into a little memory book for the Bridal Shower we recently threw?  This one here?

So, I divided the book into sections for the invitation, the menu, the guests, their addresses, some words of advice they might like to share, etc.  I want to add photos to the book yet, and I didn't want it to become too bulky overall, so I actually removed a few pages from the book.  A book like this one, is a series  of "signatures" sewn together and I just pulled out the center two pages from each signature.  As I was adding embellishments, I kept them as flat as I could to keep the bulk to a minimum as well.

Here is the book as it was presented to Amy.  Now it has guests and gifts listed in it, and some wise words added too.  
A few days ago I posted here, about a paper lantern I embellished with butterflies and flowers.  That was also made for the shower and I kept with the same theme for this book, using many of the same papers and shapes.  





 I left a couple of sections un-labeled so that Amy could keep track of any other details she would like.  Or, that's where we'll adhere photos of the day that don't fit with the other sections.

This post recently went up at Love is in the Details.
Thanks for stopping by today!

Comments

Popular Posts