She's So Cute!

Time today for a little more catch up of projects I did during my travels this summer.  Remember how I showed you my scrap set-up while camping?  Well, this is one of the layouts that came out of that away-from-home-effort.

I based this layout on one done by Luzma, in the Scrapbook.com gallery.  It isn't my typical style at all (whatever that actually is...?) but it caught my eye and inspired me to lift it.
Check out the blue "ink" splats?  
When I'm at home I love to use my Mr Huey's but they weren't with me and I had to improvise to get the look I wanted.  I had my Tim Holtz water brush with me, and  a newly acquired set of water color paints in 36 delicious colors.  I loaded up the brush with lots of water, and some paint, and then "splotched" the drops on with the wet brush.  Kinda totally love the results!
The little notepaper bag has a tag inside, where I wrote that this photo of my daughter was taken when she was a year and a half old, and Grandma came to visit, bringing this (and other) sweet little dresses.  It was totally photo-shoot-worthy.
See that piece of vellum with the butterflies cut out of it?  Trash.  Or another man's treasure.  Whichever.  
I got the butterfly shapes I needed but just could not toss the negative shape.  It's been sitting on my desk for, probably months, so I stuck it in the supply box for the road with the intention to use it already!
The little wood paper title was cut on my Cameo Silhouette.  I was amazed at how easily it cut...hardly any different than heavy cardstock.

Thanks for stopping by again today and I hope you've found something here to inspire you!

Comments

  1. Beautiful page - the butterfly vellum is a lovely idea. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts