Goes against the wood-grain...

Love, love, LOVE me some real/faux woodgrain paper and scrappy bits!  

To that end, I finally pulled out some of the REAL woodgrain paper I've been hoarding.  How DO they make wood sheets as thin as paper!?  
The first card I made by die-cutting the Trophy Antler set with the Tim Holtz/Sizzix die, and coloring them with slightly different shades of Copic markers.  The result is a slightly unconventional masculine Birthday(?) card.  Oh, and I was quite delighted to discover that you can run corrugated cardboard through the Big Shot with a thin die and it doesn't squash it all flat!  I know, your existence is infinitely improved with that bit of knowledge isn't it!
Then!  Ohmygoodness, then.  I pulled out my new Papertrey Ink tree die and cut some more woodgrain paper.  I pulled out each leaf and colored it before glueing it back in it's place.  I used about 6 different shades of brown Copic markers. And don't you LOVE the intarsia look that results??  It makes a great masculine card that needs very little else to complete it, and I'm sure I will be making one for each and every card-receiving male in my life!

These cards were previously posted at Love is in the Details.

Comments

Popular Posts