Hi, (waving) I'm BACK!

Even though I didn't actually go anywhere, I'm back, with a promise to get caught up here!

This posted at Love is in the Details yesterday.

The last time I stopped into the Love is in the Details shop, Lori loaded me up with these GORGEOUS corrugated gift boxes!  In both kraft and cream.  And she gave me enough that I shouldn't have to hoard them, but try convincing my brain of that!  Here are some fun ideas for ways to use them….

They happen to PERFECTLY fit the Kaisercraft Cards and Envelope sets in the store, so I made up a gift box of cards.  You could do this for any occasion; an all-occasion card box would make an awesome gift.  I did mine all holiday/seasonal.  The snowman embellishment on the box top is a Tim Holtz Sizzix embossing folder (there is an identical die too, I know).  I embossed the shape, cut out around it, lightly rubbed Versamark ink over the raised portions and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  I also used a Memory Box die for the snowflake swirl and a really OLD Making Memories fabric label.

And is it just me, or is there a TON of kraft and white inspiration around this year?  I've been wanting to scratch that itch and here's how I did it.

Memories Pigment Ink, Unicorn, White Detail Embossing Powder.
Tree stamp - Hero ArtsMemories Pigment Ink Unicorn, mat paper - Echo Park Christmas Reflections, Bakers Twine.

As well, I've had to part with 2 of my gift boxes give some candy gifts lately, and these boxes worked beautifully for that.  The idea for this Bark fell into my head one day, and I figured it would either be a tragic mistake or the most amazing thing to date.  Almond bark, minus the almonds, PLUS pistachios, candied ginger and BACON!  As far as I can tell, it's a huge HIT!!


 The box before it got wrapped up all pretty….
 …and after.

Ginger Bacon Pistachio Bark
12 oz bag of Ghirardelli Dark Melting Wafers
4 oz bar of Ghirardelli Unsweetenen Chocolate
2/3 of a 12 oz bag of Ghirardelli White Melting Wafers
1/2 - 3/4 Cup each of coarsely chopped pistachios, and finely chopped candied ginger.
4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled.
Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.  Melt dark and unsweetened chocolate together in a bowl, and melt the white chocolate wafers in another bowl.  Pour the dark chocolate on the wax paper and then follow with the white chocolate.  Swirl the two together, (but minimally).  Sprinkle the nuts, ginger and bacon over top the chocolate and let set in the refrigerator for an hour before breaking into pieces and sharing with family and friends.  Or stashing and eating all yourself.  Up to you.


Thanks for stopping by today!

Comments

  1. Awesome projects! I love all the Kraft and white. Not so sure about bacon on candy,LOLOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome boxes and gorgeous cards! I do also love kraft, and it looks so pretty with the white stamping and embossing!
    Have a wonderful weekend :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts