Cardabilites Sketch #106

Time for another card sketch folks!  

I'm actually up in Canada visiting my folks, so I'm a little proud of myself for pulling this one out of the hat that is my supply travel bag!  In a perfect world I'd have left home more prepared, but as it was, I just threw into the bag, some things that caught my eye and wanted to be played with.  Fortunately it all came together.

Here is the sketch we used:

And here is the card I made.
 Couldn't play without pulling out the watercolor paints and paper of course.  The sentiment is a Lasered Edge watercolor paper die cut that I painted and colored with a silver Wink of Stella Marker.  It's hard to see the glimmer in the photo, but it's there.
And I'll tell you what else!  I didn't bring my sewing machine along with me.  For obvious reasons.  But I still really wanted some stitching on this card, so I poked holes with a needle using a ruler to mark and did some hand stitching back and forth.  Fun, therapeutic and who would know!?
Be sure to stop by the Cardabilities blog to see what the other designers have created as well as, to post your own creation from this sketch.  AND.  There are prizes!!  Three of them!!  So your chances are good!  
Quick like a bunny now!

Comments

  1. I REALLY LOVE your interpretation of the sketch- simlpe yet catchy... Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your card, the colours, the details, fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card! So different! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love the neutral tones and textures in this very lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE THIS CARD! The neutrals are just fabulous - and I adore the feather usage!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts