Mother's Day

Today I wanted to revisit a card I posted over at Love is in the Details looooong time ago, but that I've not shown you over here yet!  

This card uses one of my most favorite techniques ever.  Water coloring baby!!  I would never pretend to be any kind of water color artist, but I can make colorful blobby puddles like a BOSS!


With an assortment of practice puddles like this, I decided to use one of them for this card.

I die cut the word Mom (SimonSaysStamp) from a piece of white card stock (saving every little piece that pops out of the word) then stamped and gold heat embossed the sentiment (PapertreyInk).


Next, I pop-dotted the back of the die cut card stock, cutting teeny bits of dimensional adhesive to fit in all the little spaces so they wouldn't collapse in the envelope enroute.  I also used the foam dots on each of the pieces that had popped out of the word and set them in place using my reverse tweezers.


After mounting the die cut, stamped card stock onto the watercolored paper, and that onto the card front, the addition of a few enamel dots made this card enough.  Clean and Simple, they call it.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Comments

Popular Posts