Making an impression....

I always love a good paper crafting technique that uses tools in an additional way to the one originally intended.  What do I mean?  When you can turn a die into an embossing tool, you've basically got a 2 fer 1 deal.  And if you bought that tool at half price...then your tool is now free!  I think that's how it works....math was never my strength.  Paper crafting though...!


It's as simple as flipping open the top sandwich of your Sizzix/Cuttlebug/or whatever cutting plate and using the soft rubber mat in place of the acrylic mat.  For these cards I used dies from Poppy Stamps ( Delicate Mum and Jumbled Thank You), Memory Box (English Rose Corner) and Die-Namites (Rosy Rose).



I used heavier cardstock because I felt that would ensure I didn't accidentally cut through.  80lb is fine, but 120 is really nice, if you have it!



I really love the CAS look of white on white so I kept embellishments to a minimum; I think this would look just as stunning on kraft card stock or navy or black.  It's very elegant and depending on the dies you use, can be beautifully masculine as well.



Thanks for stopping by today!  I'm getting closer to caught up on sharing here.  This project was originally posted at Love is in The Details.

Comments

Popular Posts