Paper Patchwork #2...

A couple of days ago I showed you this layout, made from the leftover bits of patterned paper that were too good to be trashed.  Today I have the 2nd layout from that remix to show you.

I started with this array of scraps...
And created this background paper from that assortment.
Here is the layout that came from it.  This time the papers matched each other in tone and strength much more, but because of their vividness I was worried they would distract from the photos.

I lightly painted over the whole page with white paint, only enough to mute the overall strength of the patterns, but leaving enough to subtly show through.  I also used a large glassine envelope that was no longer needed, as part of a photo mat, again muting the strong background motif.
I painted a Dear Lizzy phrase die cut to match the blue alphabet stickers, and typed my journaling onto some old October Afternoon label stickers (man I love those things....could we get someone to make more of them please?)
 I used up some of my stash of Kaisercraft Fiesta die cuts and stickers, as well as some Twine and Ink puffy sticker hearts, Ruby Rock It Happy Days die cuts, and Crate Paper puffy (flower) sticker.

Thanks for coming by today...check back again soon for the 3rd layout in this installment!




Comments

Popular Posts