Wedding cards....

Hi, I have another couple of cards to share with you today....cards I shared at Love is in the Details a couple of weeks ago.

I recently needed a couple of wedding cards and it just so happened that purple was the color scheme for both weddings.  I'm not especially a purple lover, so much.  I don't mind lavender and mauve though, so I was happy to mix those shades in to compliment the purple.

For this first card, I repeated stamped the phrase "happily ever after" by Hero Arts on the card front in purple ink.  Then, on a piece of white vellum, I scribbled three shades of violet Copic markers, and then used a Q-Tip dipped in rubbing alcohol to randomly "moosh" the color around.  I stamped the image over top and heat embossed with white emboss powder.

This version of the card uses the same Happy Couple stamp by Stampendous, stamped and heat embossed with clear emboss powder on watercolor paper.  Then I washed the paper with water and added shades of purple and blue water color paint.  I decided that the addition of a few pearls for embellishment was enough, and let it be a CAS, one layer card.

Thanks for stopping by to see what's new again today!

Comments

  1. Wow! Such a lovely wedding card. Need to have a beautiful design for my sister’s wedding card. She will be getting married very soon at one of NYC wedding venues. Have seen many designs but it’s very difficult to choose one. Will select unique one soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts