Dictionary paper plants...

Hi, hello!  

I'm back with some cards that I'm sharing on the Jane's Doodles blog today.  I used the stamp set Plants, and a couple of sentiment stamps from the Mother's Day set.


Stamping on a faintly patterned paper is a favorite technique of mine, and if it's text paper, that's even better in my book (pun intended)!



I stamped a couple of individual images on dictionary pages, and then I masked and stamped three images to make the collection of plants on the card below.  After stamping and coloring the three-plant image on the card below, I drew the square shape around the image to frame it, with a fine tip glue pen and heat embossed with black powder.


For two of the cards, I also inked up a piece of cardstock with Salty Ocean Distress Oxide ink and then water splattered it to remove some ink and create the white spots.  I die cut openings in a card panel and adhered the inked card stock behind the openings with dimensional foam tape.  

Because the dictionary paper was very thin, after I colored it with Copic markers, I ran it through the Xyron Sticker Maker to cover the entire back with adhesive and then glued it to a piece of cardstock to give it some strength.  Then I fussy cut the images and glued them in front of the openings in the card panel.

For the card below, I used two nesting oval die cuts to cut out the black frame from some black card stock.   For the cream cardstock card at the top of the post, I die cut the opening with the MFT Die-namics Peek-a-boo stitched rectangle die.


Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


Comments

Popular Posts