Lovely, layered roses....

Hello friends!  I'm back today with a couple of cards that I'm sharing over on the blog at Butterfly Reflections Ink.  

I made these cards using the gorgeous layered 3D dies from Altenew, called Rose Flurries.  I cut them from watercolor paper so I could paint them easily and simply, with one color of paint and adding more water for each layer to get a perfect gradation of colors.  


For this card I combined the vintage roses with a dry embossed card stock panel made with the Taylored Expressions Cross Stitch embossing folder.  The two go together in my mind and heart, because I remember both my Grandmother's vintage roses dresser scarf and the cross stitched gingham aprons she used to make and wear.


Both cards have a simple stamped and white heat embossed sentiment (from the Concord & 9th Bits & Pieces stamp set) on a vellum strip.  They have a fishtail cut at one and and the other is tucked into the flower layers and adhered.


For this card, I mixed some Altenew Coral Bliss ink with some molding paste and spread it through the Altenew Half Tone stencil.  Once it was dry, the layers of blooms and leaves could be adhered to the card front.


Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a wonderful weekend!

SaveSave

Comments

  1. These are all so beautiful. Thank you for sharing the details.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts