Magenta Guest Post #2....

Hello, hi!

I'm back today with the 2nd guest designer post with Magenta!  Today's card is certainly a harbinger of spring, and if you live in a cold and snowy climate, I hope you'll soon be lucky enough to see some tulips in real life!


I began by stamping the tulips and leaves onto Bristol Smooth cardstock, then coloring the images with Kuretake Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers, and finally fussy cutting the images.


On another piece of the same kind of card stock, I trimmed each side 1/8" and stamped the script image onto the center of the card panel.  Then I took it over to my sewing machine and stitched around the perimeter of the stamping.  Next, I adhered the colored, stamped flowers and leaves on the front of the card panel.


I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of vellum and heat embossed it.  You've seen me do that on more than one occasion.  It's what I like to do when I can't bear to cover up any part of my card front!   The vellum strip is folded to the back side and taped to hold it in place.  


Finally, I adhered the card panel to a card base and added a few color-coordinated enamel dots.  Simple and pretty.  What more could you want?

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Supplies used:


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts