Under the Weather...

Hello, hi!

I have a pair of cards to share with you today that are posted on the Jane's Doodles blog.  I was inspired to make some Get Well Soon cards and these are what I came up with.


I used the stamp set from Jane's Doodles called Rain or Shine and I did some basic paper piecing by stamping the umbrella and the rubber boots onto patterned paper and cutting them out.  The plaid paper is from a 6x6" Lawn Fawn paper pad and the grey floral is old Bazzill Basics stash.


One card is stamped on watercolor paper and the other is on Strathmore Bristol smooth cardstock, just to see the difference between how the Arteza Real brush markers behaved on the two different papers.  (No significant difference).


Because I had a specific phrase that I wanted to use on these cards, that wasn't included in this stamp set (or any other that I own) I created the sentiment on the computer, used a vintage typewriter font and printed it out on my printer.  Easy peasy.  I could have typed it on my own vintage typewriter but that would have meant some effort to pull it out that I didn't feel like making just then!  Maybe next time.


Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

SaveSave

Comments

Popular Posts