Spellbinders Debi Adams stamps and dies...

Hi, hello!  

Ohmygoodness you guys.  How do you feel about puns?  If you love them as much as I do, you'll enjoy the ones that are coming!  When Spellbinders contacted me a few weeks back about creating some cards using the new Debi Adams Perfect Match release, I took one look and said, oh heck, yes!!  I adore the simple drawing designs and the cute, fun and punny sentiments that accompany each set!



For these cards today I used the stamp and die set called Twisted.  I die cut the pretzels from watercolor paper and colored them with my Faber Castell watercolor pencils then "painted" them with a water brush.  I stamped the larger sentiment on a piece of Neenah Solar White cardstock and layered that over a coordinating patterned paper combo background, with nothing more than a Copic liner pen drawn outline.  


See those little salt chunks?  I made those with a white Sharpie paint pen, dotting twice for extra vividity.  (If that's not actually a word, it should be.) Then I took my 0.3 Copic liner pen and drew a little "C" under each flake to create a "shadow".  


Another thing I love about this Debi Adams release beside the clever puns, is the simplicity of the designs that push the cards in a very CAS direction. You've heard me confess before what a challenge CAS-styled cards is for me, and I had to slap my hands a couple of times before the cards were finished, when I reached for the enamel dots, or some coordinating twine.  In the end I conquered those urges and I'm just delighted with the results!


For this next card, I created the pretzel the same way as outlined above.  I also stamped and die cut the mustard bottle from watercolor paper before coloring and painting it with the Faber Castell watercolor pencils and a water brush.  I used the Nestabilities Classic Squares dies to cut an opening into a Neenah Solar White cardstock panel, stamped the sentiment below the opening and popped up both the cardstock panel and the pretzel and mustard with dimensional foam tape against a patterned paper background.  And with Herculean effort, I left it at that!  Yay, another point for CAS me!


I'm going to be back again soon with a few more cards to share, created with Debi Adams stamp and die sets and I hope you'll come check those out too!  

Thanks for stopping by today!

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

Comments

  1. Such fun card! I love the simple design and those extra fun puns!
    I'd like to invite you to link up to the Cropstop blog where it's always "Anything Goes" as long as you use a product or two from one of the companies they carry in the store. (You did!)
    You can check out the current link party here: http://cropstop.blogspot.com/2018/05/may-link-party-39.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts